Stronaba Croft Cabins
WE ARE DOG FRIENDLY
We love dogs
We love dogs and have a chocolate Labrador, Piper, aged 6, who we are sure you will meet at some point during your stay. We know how important your dogs are and what fun you have with them, so we welcome well-behaved dogs in all of our Cabins.
The Cabins have easy-clean wooden floors in the open-plan living/sleeping area, ideal for your dog to feel right at home. We can supply spare dog bowls and dog towels on request. Should your dog become ill, there is a vet located in Fort William.
Stronaba Croft Cabins provides the perfect holiday destination for families with dogs, after all, it’s their holiday too!
If you bring your dog with you to Stronaba, we ask you to observe the following.
- Dogs must be under control at all times while in the property and grounds.
- The cabins and surrounding grounds are within a secure fenced area so please close the main access gate after you when you enter and leave the cabin area.
- Any fouling of lawns etc. must be cleared up without delay. Dog waste bins are provided in the dog exercise area and at the refuse store behind the old croft barn.
- The owners should bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in.
- Dogs must not be left alone in the Cabin or elsewhere at any time unless in a crate and only for a limited time period.
- Dogs are not allowed on the bed or sofa and it would be appreciated if dog hair is cleared up before departing.
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property.
- Please do not wash your dog in the shower area! We have an outside tap to wash down your muddy mates.
- We have created an enclosed dog exercise area on the croft land above the cabins which can be accessed from the pedestrian gate by the picnic tables. You can let your dog off the lead in this area as long as the gates at the top and bottom of this area are closed.
- You are welcome to walk your dog on the croft land above the dog exercise area which can be accessed by the top gate. However, as there may be sheep and deer in this area, please keep your dog on a lead and close the top gate after you to keep livestock away from the exercise area. There is a great viewpoint with a picnic table on a rocky outcrop if you follow the mowed path above the top gate.
- There are dozens of walks locally that are ideal for your four-legged friends and we are happy to advise on suitable walks.
- There are a number of dog friendly bars and restaurants in the local area and, again, we are happy to provide details.
- There is a small charge of £15 per dog per stay if you bring your 4 legged friends to Stronaba Croft Cabins.